Giving back by riding the Rockies (Leslie Prevish page)
Taking on my third Ride the Rockies with Team Samaritan House pedaling up and down mountain peaks to raise money to help the homeless. I'll have laminated cards with names of people to pray for, so let me know your prayer requests.
Each rider has committed to raise at least $1,500: 100% of funds raised go to help the homeless.
Over the week, we'll ride 400+ miles and tackle 25,000+ feet of elevation. Why? Yes, I may be a bit daft in the noggin' for putting my body through this again, but the impact of the funds is significant:
- 212,082 shelter nights last year
- 273 beds for women each night
- 714 job placements of shelter residents
- 190 homeless veterans helped
- 559,996 meals, inc. nearly 190,000 for children
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.